Before pouring more concrete, we need to do the following:
- Frame three bearing walls below the W14x43 steel I-beams
- Install the bridges and stairs
- Cut 1-1/2 inches off the hollow core concrete panels by the stairs
- Establish the manifold locations for the radiant heating/cooling and, if required, run supply lines from the heat exchange unit to the manifolds
- Understand and design how we are going to insulate the slab from the exterior
Yeah, lots to do.
Engaging Robert Dills to Frame the Bearing Walls
Bryan had spent quite a bit of time with Robert, checking on his project sites and doing other due diligence. Robert was interested in working on our project and did excellent work. Geographically, he is located in Marin and it is fair hike to Monte Sereno.
Robert arrived with his crew in the morning and started framing. He hadn’t used Simpson Titen Heavy Duty Screw Anchors before and was interesting in trying them. Our structural engineers, Innovative Structural Engineering, specified these bolts as an alternative to drilling and epoxying bolts in place. The TIten HDs were cool.