Our good friend Ian Fowler arrived from Calgary, Alberta this morning and Bryan picked him up at SFO. Ian will be in San Jose until noon on Thursday, June 18, when he flys to Los Angeles to meet his wife, Merril Schmitt.
Some Background and History on the California Coast
Part of blogging has to be having fun. You’re probably wondering how we know Ian Fowler and why he is such a good friend. Some background:
- Bryan first met Ian during his undergraduate years at the University of Alberta (circa 1980).
- Jo-Anne met Ian and Merril when they lived in Toronto (circa 1990).
- Jo-Anne married Ian and Merril on February 15, 1998 on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean (Bryan was the sole witness).
- Ian and Bryan had a fast three-day trip from California when they delivered Jo-Anne’s BMW 318ti to Alberta in November 2003.
- Ian and Merril built a beautiful new timber-frame house in the foothills of the Rockies just west of Calgary (completed in 2009).
Visiting a SIP House Being Built in Half Moon Bay
Bryan and Ian went directly to Half Moon Bay to see a SIP house being constructed. Ian used Insulspan SIPs in his timber-frame house in Alberta.
After seeing the site, they grabbed a quick lunch at Alice’s Restaurant on Highway 35 (Skyline).