Each gable of our roof has two sides, and we chose to complete the South side of the South gable first. We did this because (1) it was easy to complete (no penetrations, solar mounts, valleys, etc.) and (2) we wanted to show visible progress.
The tough part with this decision is that our progress appears to have slowed down. We’ve been focusing on completing the non-visible parts of the roof now.
We completed the North side of the South gable today. The other gables are coming along nicely and we are making good progress.
Unfortunately for our construction project, the winter rains are returning to the South Bay this week. There was a solid 90 minutes of rain today and more rain is forecasted in the next 10 days. When that happens, we’ll get back to completing the wine racks inside the house.