It was a grueling day today as Izzy and Bryan worked on backfilling the South trench (in front of the house). Ryan Reyna and Nik helped for a couple hours, which was very much appreciated.
We have a lot going on in our trenches around the house. The contents of the trenches are all different. Here is a brief summary of the trench contents:
- 4-inch ABS sanitary sewer drian pipes on the West side and South sides of the house
- 4-inch ABS perimeter drain pipe that takes water from the seven (7) roof downspouts and various ground drains to the underground water cistern
- 2-inch PVC electrical conduit from the East Mechanical room to the generator pad
- 1-1/2 inch PVC electrical conduit from the East Mechanical room to the swimming pool equipment pad
- 3/4-inch PVC water pipe for fresh water to the swimming pool equipment pad
- 1-inch PVC perimeter water pipe for irrigation water to the six irrigation manifolds
- 1-inch PVC conduit for cables to connect and control the irrigation manifolds in six locations
- 1-inch PVC conduit for proprietay cables for the natural gas powered generator
- 1-inch PVC conduit for proprietay cables to control the swimming pool and spa equipment
- 3/4-inch HDPE connecting the U-tubes in the 25 vertical concrete piers in four sections of 12 U-tubes each
- 1-1/4 inch HDPE supply and return lines connecting the two geothermal ground loops
- 2-inch HDPE supply and return lines to the swimming pool and swimming pool equipment pad
- 2-inch HDPE natural gas line to generator and swimming pool equipment pad
Until the complete ground loop system is pressurized and tested successfully, and then inspected by the City of Monte Sereno, we cannot backfill the East, North and West trenches. Similarly, we cannot backfill teh Swimming Pool and Generator trenches until the natural gas supply connections have been inspected.
The only trench we could backfill is the trench on the South side (in front of the house).
Except for the very West side and very East side, Izzy and Bryan backfilled and compacted the soil in this trench today. Bryan will have sore muscles tomorrow.